ACTIVE SEATING BENEFITS
- The health risks linked to “prolonged sitting” or “excessive sitting” include greater risk of heart disease, diabetes, colon cancer, mental health, hernia, and poor core strength (abdominals).
- Whilst we can reduce our sitting by using a sit-stand or standing desk, it is essential that when we do sit – we are able to move easily and often.
- Active Seating solutions differ from regular desk chairs or task chairs, because they encourage frequent movement which engages core muscles groups. They also facilitate the hips to slant slightly forward, moving your back to positive alignment and thereby reduced risk of slouching.
- What’s more, these ergonomic desk chairs increase productivity too. Improved concentration and less physical strain will help you develop a more positive attitude to help you get the work done.
Bundle Offer: SAVE 30% on all SEATINGTake advantage of our exclusive Bundle Offer when you buy any Sit-Stand Desk or Desk Riser.
Add any of the following active seating solutions to our desk order and SAVE 30% OFF the price of the Active Seating solution.
Enter the following voucher codes at checkout: SIT30
Offer terms and conditions apply (see below)
Things to consider BEFORE BUYING
Is it height-adjustable? If yes, you may also use the solution as a standing aid to perch on.
How easily does it encourage movement? Remember “your next position is your best position” so any office seat or stool should ideally encourage you to move more up/down or from side to side.
Will it improve my posture? Ideally any Active Seating solution will encourage you to move your hips forward, and bring positive alignment to your spine. It should strengthen your abs as well as other muscles, thus reducing back strain and stress building up in your shoulders.
Lightweight solutions have the benefit of quick and easy lifting. This will encourage you to switch more frequently between standing and sitting. These micro-movements are hugely important.
Be prepared to bounce, wobble, and tilt in order to avoid hazardous inactive or static sitting.
Things to consider when GETTING STARTED
Getting used to an active seat or stool may take some practice, especially at first. Get up and down frequently to maximise the benefits and avoid poor posture.
As soon as you get tired or start losing your intended posture by slouching, it is recommended to switch to standing. Only if absolutely necessary should you invest in a chair with more support.
By gradually increasing your active sitting time you will build-up stronger muscles and more core strength resulting in a better overall posture and health.
- This offer is valid with purchases of any DESK or DESK RISER solutions.
- You must add the correct seating solution to your basket, before inserting the applicable voucher code
- This offer may not be used in conjunction with any other offer or voucher code.
- This offer will preclude you from taking advantage of our FREE TRIAL offer for this purchase. Your statutory rights are not affected.
- Varidesk and Ergotron products are excluded from this and all other offers.