In order to build a powerful knowledge platform to nurture best practise, we highly recommend our customers provide their staff with a 60 minute Active Working Seminar.
We arrange for an Active Working expert to visit your office, conduct an audit & present a seminar & guidelines tailored to your needs:
- Explain Important insight into the risks attributable to excessive sedentary behaviour
- Provide essential education, guidelines & best practice to deliver effective change
- Help you become better informed about the cost-benefit of multiple equipment, software & training solutions
- Deliver improved performance, wellness, engagement & reduce absenteeism
- A chance to ask difficult questions and get an expert opinion
1 Get Britain Standing: a campaign to grow awareness and education of the dangers of sedentary working and in particular prolonged sitting time. The average UK office worker sits 10 hours each day, with almost 70% of sitting taking place at work. There is growing scientific evidence highlighting the multiple health risks (including cardiovascular disease, diabetes (type 2), certain cancers, musculoskeletal and mental health) caused by excessive and prolonged sitting.
2 Active Working CIC is leading the global insight and evidence based research on sedentary behaviour. We commissioned the first global expert recommendations on standing time for office workers (with the support of Public Health England), published by the British Journal for Sports Medicine in June 2015. We spearhead international Get Standing™ campaigns in, Australia, USA, Canada, Ireland and Europe.